1016 Jarvis Road
Sicklerville, New Jersey 08081
Serving Gloucester Camden
and Burlington Counties
Speak to a Live Person 24
Hours a Day /7 Days a Week
Emergency Service and Same
Day Service Available
Gibson Electric sent two electricians over today to replace my main panel. The owner of the company called me a day prior, and made last minute provisions to accommodate my request to have the project completed on Friday, September 7, 2012.
Maintain Electrical Safety
- Check all electrical cords; do not use frayed, stiff or cracked cords. The insulation on electrical cords can become damaged by wear, flexing or age.
- Warm or tingly switches and outlets: Could be a loose or deteriorating connection, which impedes current flow and creates resistance. This may create a dangerous condition that could result in shock or fire.
- Dim lights when appliances turn on: High demand appliances such as A/C, Clothes Dryers, Refrigerators and Furnaces need extra power when they start up. This temporary current draw can be more than just a nuisance, it can damage equipment. Could be a circuit overload.
- Circuit breakers tripping constantly: Your home electrical system has built in safeguards. Too much current causes the breakers to open or fuses to melt. When a circuit shuts down repeatedly, it’s a warning that should not be ignored.
- Do you have old and crumbling wiring? Is your wiring old, is it wrapped in cloth sheathing or bits of black rubber in an electrical box? You should have a Service Upgrade to ensure your family’s Safety.
- Are GFCI’s installed where required; The National Electrical Code now requires extra protection for outlets in specific areas of your home such as Kitchens, Baths, Utility rooms, Garages and Outdoors. GFCI are identifiable by their TEST & RESET buttons. They are required in proximity to wet locations. If you do not have GFCI’s in these areas, you are not fully protected.